Vista 5536: panels seem not to receive fs chang notifs

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
ondra@sevecek.com

Vista 5536: panels seem not to receive fs chang notifs

Post by ondra@sevecek.com »

Several minutes agou I tried to install SS on Windows Vista build 5536. everything so far have been running well except for two things:

- when a new item appears in a folder dipslayed in a panel, the item is not displayed regardles the item origing - regardles the fact the item has been created inside/outside the SS, regardles the item has been moved F6 between panels etc. - the panels are siply not refreshing once they have been displayed when the folder has been changed.
This seems to me like the panels are not receiving FS change notifications from ntfs.

- when you create a file with SHITF-F4 with a .TXT extension, the SS tries to start notepad to edit the new item. But the text editor states "cannot find the file, do you want to create the new file".
The startup command for the notepad (as appears in task manager) is: "notepad.exe test.txt" so the correct one.

O.
ondra@sevecek.com

Re: Vista 5536: panels seem not to receive fs chang notifs

Post by ondra@sevecek.com »

ok. solved. when I start SS "as administrator", everything works fine.

So, this is only a feature-request for SS to offer the eleviation on Vista.

O.