Changing label on USB flash disk hangs up SS

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
crystalidea

Changing label on USB flash disk hangs up SS

Post by crystalidea »

Simply try to change a removable drive (usb flash) label.
Mem

Post by Mem »

Done with no prob (USB stick, right-click on drive, properties, change label to something else) - the only thing SS does is changing drive in panels after I change the label (= can not find disk and changes to C: etc.)
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Bug: Program Hangs!

Post by Jan Rysavy »

XPiS wrote:Simply try to change a removable drive (usb flash) label.
When Servant Salamander hangs, start the second instace of SS, then from Help menu choose the Task List command. From the list select freezed instance and click the Break button.

Bug Report should appear. Please email us this bug report (include the problem description). Thank you!
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

I also experienced some strange behaviour when changing the label of removable media, but I made just a little account of it so I did not report it.

After changing the volume's label SS's main window seems to be frozen for a few seconds. I didn't test whether explorer's behaviour is the same.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We met this problem before. Please let us know if you could reproduce any strange behaviour related to changing label of removable media.

To change drive label you can
1) use Drive Information window (Ctrl+F1)
2) from the Change Drive menu (Alt+F1/2) right click the drive item and from context menu choose the Properties command
Last edited by Jan Rysavy on 03 Jun 2006, 23:10, edited 3 times in total.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Mem wrote:Done with no prob (USB stick, right-click on drive, properties, change label to something else) - the only thing SS does is changing drive in panels after I change the label (= can not find disk and changes to C: etc.)
It looks weird too. Could you then return to this disk? Please try to change label using Ctrl+F1 and let us know.
Mem

Post by Mem »

Now I can reproduce the bug too - using Ctrl+F1 instead of Drive Properties causes hangup. I have sent bug report caused by the Break command to your e-mail.

To your other questions - Drive Properties works with no problem, SS just changes panel to my C: but I can then switch back to flash drive and everything is working
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Both issues seem to be fixed.