REQST: Dual folder trees No. 1

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
JohnFredC

REQST: Dual folder trees No. 1

Post by JohnFredC »

Please add a feature to enable a folder tree in each panel.

Ideally I would like to have a display/hide folder tree button in each panel toolbar.

The folder tree should have options to define background color and display font independently of the file panel.

It would be nice if the folder tree of the right file panel could be made to appear on the right of that panel instead of the left.

Thanks!
Mouse-centric, Registered
antp

Post by antp »

It would be nice if this folder tree could also be displayed in one of the panels, and the file list in the other panel. Like what Norton Commander (in DOS) was able to do, if I remember well.
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

That's a subset of my request.... One panel (either left or right) and its tree pane, but with the divider set at 100%.
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

A competitor commander has introduced folder trees in a new beta version. They are very incompletely and narrowly implemented to the extent that they are essentially useless beyond simple navigation. Feedback from the developer suggests that no improvements are planned, either.

Please, Salamander developers. Do not consider implementing folder trees unless you support the following:

- Individual tree visibility toggles for each side of Salamander.
- Full drag and drop functionality between trees
- System context menu available for folders in each tree
- Full functionality for folders in each tree: in-place renaming, delete, etc.
- Ability to hide folders in associated file panel of each tree

Also, if you plan to implement a tabbed interface to Salamander, associate a subordinate folder tree with each tab and store its visibility with the tab.

Oh, and hurry up, too!

;)
Viktorka

TreeView would by useful

Post by Viktorka »

I would also appreciate a treeview, because it's the quickest way how to "index" or quick look for folders content. the NC style was like this. also windows explorer.
In one pane tree, and in other automatically listed content when moving trough tree.