Folder Deletion Sets Focus Randomly

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
therube

Folder Deletion Sets Focus Randomly

Post by therube »

Before deletion, directory highlighted.
Before deletion, directory highlighted.
Salamander-b4-delete.png (46.77 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
After deletion, instead of being at EudPrev, focus has instead jumped to the top, Stationary
After deletion, instead of being at EudPrev, focus has instead jumped to the top, Stationary
Salamander-after-delete.png (47.57 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
Seems to me there is an issue with Folder Deletion Setting Focus Randomly?

Win7 x64
Salamander 3.0

I'm deleting directories/directory trees, & instead of focus after the deletions being somewhere expected, it ends up somewhere unexpected.

Like I may end up at the top of the (now existing) directory list, or at the bottom.
Or, if things go right, I'll end up just where expected, most likely the directly immediately below the previous focus point (or something like that).

I've had the sort order mostly by Size.
And I'm Shift+Deleting all the time.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Folder Deletion Sets Focus Randomly

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I saw this problem on my computer but cannot reproduce it now with Win7. Could you please sort items by Date/Time if you can reproduce it with such setup?

Edit: is it possible another process is changing your files or directories in the working directory while you deleting?
therube

Re: Folder Deletion Sets Focus Randomly

Post by therube »

> Could you please sort items by Date/Time if you can reproduce it with such setup?

I had already kind of tried setting the sort by Name, but more often Size has been appropriate, though when I was not sorted by Name, I believe (but not sure) that it was OK.
I'll give it more of a ringing & see what I can make it do...

> is it possible another process is changing your files or directories in the working directory while you deleting

Well anything is possible, but (AFAIK) it's not like I'm running anything different or new, or that should cause the behavior I'm seeing - except for 3.0.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54