PictView and SEP (segmentation) file support

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
otrov

PictView and SEP (segmentation) file support

Post by otrov »

Another PictView post :)

I was converting PS to SEP for additional DjVu processing with gsdjvu (patched GhostScript with DjVu support) and wanted to see resulting SEP file contents with Internal viewer and then PictView tried to open the file. I checked and saw that PictView is by default associated with SEP file extension. However it can't read the file.

So i was curious is PictView supposed to support this segmentation file, and if not what SEP extension stands for in AS?
therube

Re: PictView and SEP (segmentation) file support

Post by therube »

"SEP - CMYK Separated Images in TIFF 6.0 File Format"
http://www.pictview.com/import.htm

"PVW32.dll and PVW32Cnv.dll 1.57"
http://www.pictview.com/dll.htm
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
otrov

Post by otrov »

OK, thanks. So supported format is TIFF file with SEP extension, and has nothing to do with separated image format used for DjVu creation
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

otrov wrote:OK, thanks. So supported format is TIFF file with SEP extension, and has nothing to do with separated image format used for DjVu creation
Correct. And IIRC this was used by an old version of CorelDraw! in the 90's. I am not sure whethere still really a preferred format/suffix there.
Therefore, the next version of PV shipped with the next version of AS (2.55?2.60?3.00?) will silently refuse SEP files if of unknown structure.