regexp -help with filtering results

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
assaf azoulay

regexp -help with filtering results

Post by assaf azoulay »

hi! can somone help me with regexp?
i have this problem ,
i want to search for file(s) that contains word1 AND word2
that means that files that contain word1 and not word2 or:
word2 and not word1 will not be displayed in the results
how do i do that?
Ether

Post by Ether »

There's a simplier way: Search for files with word1 and then refine them by searching for files with word2.

To refine: On the right of the Find Now button, there's a small arrow, press it, and select 'Refine - Intersect with Found Items'.
Ελληνικά rulez.

Post by Guest »

hi!
thanks but it didnt work,when i press on refine ,
it looks that as search from the begining.... :(
assaf azoulay

Post by assaf azoulay »

oops now i've got it , you need to search for word1 then type word2 and
only then press ctrl+i to intersect the result with previous results
thanks! :lol:
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

ether wrote:There's a simplier way: Search for files with word1 and then refine them by searching for files with word2.
I don't think using two searches is simpler then one search. At least it takes twice the time and effort. :(

I've already asked for boolean operators in word Search in Czech part of the forum: Search - logic operators in word search (Czech)
assaf azoulay

Post by assaf azoulay »

zarevak wrote:
ether wrote:There's a simplier way: Search for files with word1 and then refine them by searching for files with word2.
I don't think using two searches is simpler then one search. At least it takes twice the time and effort. :(

I've already asked for boolean operators in word Search in Czech part of the forum: Search - logic operators in word search (Czech)
hi! thank's for the reply
i have small problem that i dont understand czech language
can you please tell me what i have to write in find dialog to search with
the logic operator 'AND'?
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

assaf azoulay wrote: hi! thank's for the reply
i have small problem that i dont understand czech language
can you please tell me what i have to write in find dialog to search with
the logic operator 'AND'?
I'm sorry for the confusion. The feature is not available in Altap Salamander (yet?). The thread is a discussion about the feature request to add such boolean operators.

As written by ether you can use Refine features in Find dialog to mimic simple boolean operations:
AND - Do a regular search (Ctrl+F) for the first word, then write the second search parameters and click "Refine - Intersect with Found Items" (Ctrl+I)
OR - Do a regular search (Ctrl+F) for the first word, then write the second search parameters and click "Append to Found Items" (Ctrl+W)
AND NOT - Do a regular search (Ctrl+F) for the first word, then write the second search parameters and click "Refine - Subtract from Found Items" (Ctrl+S)

Post by Guest »

thanks. :D