Unselect all by accidentally clicking right

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Klettermaxe

Unselect all by accidentally clicking right

Post by Klettermaxe »

From time to time I have to select several files that cannot be selected en bloc because they are not related by name, size or date, e.g. in a download folder. I may even have to have a look at the file contents prior to selecting the file. Therefore the selection process may take some time in this case. In my configuration file selection is done by simply right clicking the file. But right-clicking below the last file in the panel will unselect all files. This is more likely to happen if the file-list doesn’t go to the bottom border of the panel. Anyway, unselecting all files by a simple click might be unwanted in this situation. Mem has already told about this in another context (http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=816) but because there was no reaction I would like to point it out again. If it is not ‘by design’ it might be good idea to turn off this behaviour.

Best wishes
Klettermaxe
SvA

Post by SvA »

Yet another reason to improve Restore Selection (Ctrl+W)