Sending mail thru Ctrl-E on Vista

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Jayrome

Post by Jayrome »

WHY does Salamander use Outlook for emails??? I use Opera both for surfing and email, it is even set as the default email program in the OS settings, so the whole Windows (I got Vista Ultimate x64) uses it for all the web and email purposes. And only the Salamander tries to run Outlook, in which I do not even have an email account set up. So, I can not use this function, because if I click Ctrl+E, the system promts me to input a valid email account information (Outlook runs it's first-time run wizard), and I have to click Cancel because I do not want to and never will be using this Outlook bloatware.
cincura.net

Post by cincura.net »

Jayrome wrote:WHY does Salamander use Outlook for emails??? I use Opera both for surfing and email, it is even set as the default email program in the OS settings, so the whole Windows (I got Vista Ultimate x64) uses it for all the web and email purposes. And only the Salamander tries to run Outlook, in which I do not even have an email account set up. So, I can not use this function, because if I click Ctrl+E, the system promts me to input a valid email account information (Outlook runs it's first-time run wizard), and I have to click Cancel because I do not want to and never will be using this Outlook bloatware.
Do you have Opera as default mailclient and default MAPI?
Jiri {x2} Cincura
Jayrome

Post by Jayrome »

Yes, it is set as the default email client among Windows.