Hi everyone, I've been helping my family out with Salamander for a while now. My niece creates content on Instagram and TikTok, and every week she downloads her CSV stats exports from the platforms. The filenames were all over the place, so I set up a bulk rename to reorganize everything by date (yyyymmdd) right in her folder, and a user menu command that zips the weekly folder and sends it to my NAS here in Trento.
It used to take about ten minutes to sort everything each time; now it’s just two clicks. Anyway, the file part was actually the easiest part. The real problem was that she also had to generate an up-to-date PDF for the brands every time she had a contact a media kit with the stats included. And doing that by hand every week? Frankly, that has nothing to do with organizing files anymore; it’s a whole different job.
I looked into cobbling together a script to generate a PDF from the CSV files, but between the different formats for each platform and the layout, it was shaping up to be hours of development work for a personal project. In the end, for the media kit part, she switched to pulling the stats directly from the platforms, so now I just have to manage the raw exports on my end she takes care of the rest. If anyone has other User Menu tips for automating these kinds of exports, I’d love to hear them I feel like I’m reinventing the wheel every time.
Bulk rename & exports CSV
Re: Bulk rename & exports CSV
One thing I ended up looking at after writing this was the media kit side. I didn't really want to build another little script just for that, especially since the stats change all the time. I came across www.creatorsjet.com while looking at ways of handling creator stats and media kits, and it actually made me realize that I was probably trying to automate something that already has tools around it.
For now we're still keeping the raw CSV exports on my side and doing the media kit separately, which is probably the simplest setup. The bulk rename and NAS export are still saving me a lot of time though. If I find a cleaner way of connecting the two without turning it into another little development project, I'll probably give it a try.
For now we're still keeping the raw CSV exports on my side and doing the media kit separately, which is probably the simplest setup. The bulk rename and NAS export are still saving me a lot of time though. If I find a cleaner way of connecting the two without turning it into another little development project, I'll probably give it a try.