Combining divx files

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
gordoncanada

Combining divx files

Post by gordoncanada »

Downloaded program primarily to combine video files, although it looks like it does a lot more. Can't wait to explore program. My problem is the combined video file is unassociated and has no program icon. The "open with" dialogue box opens every time I double click it. This is not elegant. The "always open with" checkbox is blanked out. How do I associate the file? Will this be fixed?
Thanks, gordon
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

The "Open with" dialog is from Windows itself and not a part of Servant Salamnader. The reason for disabled checkbox for "Always open with" is IMHO, that the combined video file doesn't have any extension at all and Windows are unable to determine the filetype. Try adding .avi or .divx extension to the end of the filename.
gordoncanada

Thanks but

Post by gordoncanada »

Hey, that was simple and it worked. The combined video file says it is the length of the combined file, but it's duration is the same as part one. It only plays part one and then it stops. Is there any other simple thing I can do?
Thanks Again, gordoncanada
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

How did you combine the two files? Servant Salamander can combine two files together, but without any understanding of the meaning of the files. For combining Video files you need to use some specialized software for video editing.
AFAIK VirtualDub is one of these tools and it is free.