Salamander opens in unavailable area

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
joachim.lang

Salamander opens in unavailable area

Post by joachim.lang »

I am using Salamander on a laptop with second monitor. The second monitor is number one and the laptop screen is number two. Salamander opens on screen two. When I use my laptop without the extra monitor, and I open Salamander, it opens in a region that is somewhere not visible. On screentwo, that is not avaliable. I can not get the window back. Other apps automatically display their window on screen one, if screen two is not available.

Regards Joachim
SvA

Post by SvA »

This is no solution to your problem, but a temporary workaround to bring the window back to the visible area.

First you need to determine the accelerator key your windows uses to initiate moving a window from the system menu. To do so, activate any visible window which is movable and has a system menu. Press ALT-SPACE to activate the system menu. Now note the underlined character in the menu item for moving the window (On my German system, this is 'V' from 'Verschieben'). Then close that system menu again.

Activate the invisible window, e.g. by selecting its button on the task bar. Press ALT-SPACE followed by the accelerator key you found in the preceding step. (The system menu probably wont be visible, but it still works.) Now press any arrow key. By doing so, the window gets attached to your mouse cursor. Move your mouse until the window is back on the visible desktop. Then click any mouse button to release the window.
ino

Re: Salamander opens in unavailable area

Post by ino »

joachim.lang wrote:I am using Salamander on a laptop with second monitor. The second monitor is number one and the laptop screen is number two. Salamander opens on screen two. When I use my laptop without the extra monitor, and I open Salamander, it opens in a region that is somewhere not visible. On screentwo, that is not avaliable. I can not get the window back. Other apps automatically display their window on screen one, if screen two is not available.

Regards Joachim
check this thread: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=6 ... ht=monitor
Maybe it could help