Alt Gr - Number treated as Hot Path call

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
SvA

Alt Gr - Number treated as Hot Path call

Post by SvA »

On a German keyboard, some characters are accessed through a Alt Gr-key combination. E.g. Alt Gr-8 is '['.

When I try to use this in a quick search operation, regardless of whether I use it to initiate quick search or enter it in an ongoing search, Salamander interpetes the key combination as a Ctrl-8 hotkey and jumps to that path.

On the other hand, 'µ' is located on Alt Gr-M, but this does not activate 'Make File List' nor does '@' (Alt Gr-Q) activate 'Calculate Occupied Space'
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

I can confirm this behavior. Alt Gr+Number triggers Hotpath.

But this happens ONLY if you are browsing in the left or right panel. In any other dialog window (search, create directory, move etc.) Alt Gr+8 leads to '[' (for example). It also works correctly if you are in the command line.

Chris
SvA

Post by SvA »

schroeder wrote:But this happens ONLY if you are browsing in the left or right panel. In any other dialog window (search, create directory, move etc.) Alt Gr+8 leads to '[' (for example). It also works correctly if you are in the command line.
Thank you, Chris, for this potentially important clearification.
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Here another thread that indicates problems with German/non-standard keyboard layouts.