Error calling PVW32Cnv.DLL with PNG file

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.

Error calling PVW32Cnv.DLL with PNG file

Post by guest »

[Moderator: Moved from General Discussion->INFO: PictView plugin: German version available for download]

Jan,

I received this error when i tried to view a png file inside a zip file using SS and pictview.
Error calling PVW32Cnv.DLL
Data reading error - the file is damaged!

If i open the zipfile using winzip and drag the png file to another viewer e.g. irfanview i can view it without a problem. Also extracted the file to see if i can view it with your pictview but the result is the same.

Other png files didn't get this error so i guess the dll file needs to be fixed.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: pictiew dll error

Post by Jan Patera »

guest wrote:Jan,

I received this error when i tried to view a png file inside a zip file using SS and pictview.
Error calling PVW32Cnv.DLL
Data reading error - the file is damaged!
Dear guest,

could you please send me the PNG file to support[at]pictview.com?
If you prefer to stay anonymous, you may use http://www.yousendit.com.

Please start new threads for new topics - this your bug report is irrelevant to German translation. I didn't start it either (and also violated the rule) to avoid losing contact with you....

Post by guest »

just send the png file to you, let me know if you solved it Jan.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

RE: Error calling PVW32Cnv.DLL with PNG file

Post by Jan Patera »

Fixed. English and German versions available for download at http://www.pictview.com/salamander

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the update, so what was the problem with the library file?
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

Guest wrote:Thanks for the update, so what was the problem with the library file?
The PiNG file is absolutely correct. There is a speed optimization in PictView which could turn into a bug under rare circumstances. These circumstances are now detected and bug avoided. Thanks again for the PiNG file!

Post by Guest »

The only update available is for German. Can I safely install this on an English OS, or will it affect my menus, etc.?
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

Anonymous wrote:The only update available is for German. Can I safely install this on an English OS, or will it affect my menus, etc.?
This bug is fixed in Servant Salamander 2.5 Beta 11. This is English only.
If you install German Pictview for Servant Salamander 2.5 Beta 11, you will have German menus, message boxes, tooltips etc. in PictView in German.
Previous (German & English) updates for Servant Salamander 2.5 Beta 10a are no longer available because this version will not function after today midnight.