Copy/Move/Delete etc. on External SDcard on Android Device

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
HansueliHof

Copy/Move/Delete etc. on External SDcard on Android Device

Post by HansueliHof »

Hi

I've been working with Salamander for many years and I am very happy with it. About a year ago, I added a Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) and a Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2), which connect to my PC via WLan.
Salamander works perfectly between PC and the two Android devices' internal memory, BUT NOT WITH THE EXTERNAL SDCARD.
When I try move, copy, delete of files on the external SDcard, Salamander gets blockd. Also, it cannot create new folders on the External SDCard, but without problems on the internal storage.
Is there any way I can "beat the sytem" ? I am working with Salamander 2.54. Can newer version overcome this problem?
Thanks a lot for your kind help
Hansueli Hof
Ether

Re: Copy/Move/Delete etc. on External SDcard on Android Devi

Post by Ether »

Hi. Can you work with the external card in Explorer? Have you tried the 64-bit version of Salamander?
Ελληνικά rulez.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

HansueliHof wrote:Hi

I've been working with Salamander for many years and I am very happy with it. About a year ago, I added a Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) and a Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2), which connect to my PC via WLan.
Salamander works perfectly between PC and the two Android devices' internal memory...
I just got a Samsung Galaxy 5 and it doesn't show up as a device on my Windows 7 PC using Salamander, though I set it up with our home Wifi so it does show up in Windows My Computer now. How did you do this, please?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

MTP protocol is not supported in Salamander, but uou can try Total Commander Proxy Plugin with Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.2.
vld

Post by vld »

It seems to be a problem with Salamander 2.54 and Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.2. Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.0 seems to work. Have yet to tst on Salamnder 3.02.
SvA

Post by SvA »

vld wrote:It seems to be a problem with Salamander 2.54 and Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.2. Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.0 seems to work. Have yet to tst on Salamnder 3.02.
I was confused about this post until I found out that "Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.2" and "Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.0" refer to Total Commander file system plug-ins. (Strange names, because "Windows Media Audio" names an audio compression format, "2" designates a particular version of the same and "MP3" denominates yet another audio compression format. None of which has anything to do with the subject.)

You took the one with the right bit-depth (32/64-bit, matching your version of Salamander, rather than your OS)? Any error messages? or what kind of problems did you experience?
vld

Post by vld »

yeah sorry...little confusing. let me try again.

with v3.02, using the latest Proxy plugin a d TC media plugins work.

with v2.54, I need to use an older Salamnder Proxy pulgin and use v1.0 not 1.2 of the TC Media plugin.

hope I am clear. shout back if not and I will retype when I am not mobile.
HansueliHof

Post by HansueliHof »

MamaBear wrote:
HansueliHof wrote:Hi

Salamander works perfectly between PC and the two Android devices' internal memory...
I just got a Samsung Galaxy 5 and it doesn't show up as a device on my Windows 7 PC using Salamander, though I set it up with our home Wifi so it does show up in Windows My Computer now. How did you do this, please?
Hi - in the meantime I have switched to Salamander 3.05 (32bit) which runs perfectly on my Windows XP and also perfectly works ober Wifi with the system drive of my Galaxy S3 Phone and my Galaxy 2 Tablet ... but NOT with the external SD-Card of the two devices. ... ???
HansueliHof

Post by HansueliHof »

Ether wrote:Hi. Can you work with the external card in Explorer? Have you tried the 64-bit version of Salamander?
Hi. no, Windows Explorer has definitely more problems with Android than Salamander.
Explorer shows the internal SDcard of the Phone, but not the external one.
And when I address the Tablet, Windows Explorer get totally stuck and has to be ended thru Task Manager.
By the way, I use the 32-bit-Salamander as I still happily work with my Windows XP.
Can I use the 64-bit-version on Windows XP?
Thanks
HansueliHof

Post by HansueliHof »

vld wrote:yeah sorry...little confusing. let me try again.
with v3.02, using the latest Proxy plugin a d TC media plugins work.
with v2.54, I need to use an older Salamnder Proxy pulgin and use v1.0 not 1.2 of the TC Media plugin.
hope I am clear. shout back if not and I will retype when I am not mobile.
Hi
In the meantime I've switched to Salamander 3.05 and it works perfectly thru Wifi with all devices ...
... except with the external SDcards of both the phone and the tablet.
I use the 32-bit-Salamander as I still happily work with my Windows XP.
Can I use the 64-bit-version on Windows XP?
Thanks
HansueliHof

Post by HansueliHof »

vld wrote:It seems to be a problem with Salamander 2.54 and Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.2. Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) 1.0 seems to work. Have yet to tst on Salamnder 3.02.
Hi
I have meantime switched to Salamander 3.05 which however has the same problem. It also works perfectly thru Wifi with both phone and tablet, but NOT with the external SDcards ...
???
Ether

Post by Ether »

HansueliHof wrote:Can I use the 64-bit-version on Windows XP?
No. You would need a special 64-bit version of Windows XP (which is pretty rare).

At this moment, I don't have any ideas for solving your problem.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

See Portable Devices plugin.