folder with czech characters in the name not accessible

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
capo56

folder with czech characters in the name not accessible

Post by capo56 »

Hi,
I have just let Onedrive to create its directory (have something to do for one bank where I need it). It automatically created folder "C:\Users\jirka\OneDrive - Česká spořitelna, a.s". This is very unhappy, as it contains very special character in the name, but I can't change it. Anyway, it works ok in standard windows explorer "aka My Computer", it works ok in Free Commander. But Altap Salamander somehow has issues with it:
- The folder icon in Salamander doesn't correspond to the fact it is OneDrive folder,
- the name is slightly change "OneDrive - Ceská sporitelna, a.s",
- definitely it is just "link" and it leads nowhere
- right click does nothing, which is weird as well....

Screenshots attached. Any help welcome.
Attachments
freecommander_ok.png
freecommander_ok.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
altap_issue.png
altap_issue.png (3.22 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
capo56

Re: folder with czech characters in the name not accessible

Post by capo56 »

Issue resolved - it was actually not about anything in Altap, but in Windows 10 reagional settings. "Language for programmes that doesn't support Unicode" was set to English, after setting to Czech it works ok. Apparently there is some dependency in Altap Salamander :).
SvA

Re: folder with czech characters in the name not accessible

Post by SvA »

Yes, the dependency beeing the fact that AS does not support unicode. With the former setting, the name could not be converted to the non-unicode encoding.