REDDIT on ALTAP SALAMANDER. Just started.

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
gregzeng

REDDIT on ALTAP SALAMANDER. Just started.

Post by gregzeng »

I have been "Servant Salamander" ever since it was created. One of the original paid up & registered users. Before Heaven introduces me to all its "virgins", this is my parting gift.

Freeware. Best file manager, atm, for Windows. Best of any other, on any other operating system.
Still holds loyal to the very first "winning" file browser, Norton Commander. Dual Windows, same main function keys & main functions. Help, Rename, View, Edit, Copy, Move, Delete, New-Folder, Move, etc.

Very many other functions & customizations added. Colors & styles of fonts & backgrounds. WYSIWYG renaming of files & folders, inflate & compression in the main & very well performing archive formats, good views of most file types, adjustable previews of graphics, etc. These configurations can be saved permanently in configuration files as well.

Long behind this is next best. Windows: Q-dir. Linux: Dolphin. Both these also-rans fail to offer the flexibility, customization & power of Altap Salamander.

See other posts here for the configuration used by expert users.
Retired (1985) Chief Information Officer, Australian Capital Territory.