FTP Client - use Timestamp for overwrite files

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
BerndL

FTP Client - use Timestamp for overwrite files

Post by BerndL » 11 Jul 2019, 21:29

I just upgraded Salamander from 3.08 to 4.0 and tried out the ftp-Client. With this plugin it could replace my ftp client.

But the ftp Client lacks an important feature - when a file exists on the server it gives a warning and asks to overwrite. My 14 year old ftp client is so smart that it only asks if the file on the server is newer than the file i want to upload.

So updating changed files is unnecessary complex. Since the warning gives no hint to decide (for example: timestamp and file size of file on server and local directory) you can only abort look in the list and start new.

There should be a setting like "overwrite files with newer date without confirmation". At least the warning-Question should have a button like "overwrite older files for all".

tukanos

Re: FTP Client - use Timestamp for overwrite files

Post by tukanos » 12 Jul 2019, 09:27

BerndL wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 21:29
I just upgraded Salamander from 3.08 to 4.0 and tried out the ftp-Client. With this plugin it could replace my ftp client.

But the ftp Client lacks an important feature - when a file exists on the server it gives a warning and asks to overwrite. My 14 year old ftp client is so smart that it only asks if the file on the server is newer than the file i want to upload.

So updating changed files is unnecessary complex. Since the warning gives no hint to decide (for example: timestamp and file size of file on server and local directory) you can only abort look in the list and start new.

There should be a setting like "overwrite files with newer date without confirmation". At least the warning-Question should have a button like "overwrite older files for all".
This functionality is found at copy/options/advanced where you specify which time you want to have as your border line time to recognize the same file.