Copy/paste Context Menu problem

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Joe

Copy/paste Context Menu problem

Post by Joe »

When i copy in the right panel (for example), and try to past in left panel i can´t see "Paste" in Context Menu. It´s a bug?...

I use the last version/xp home.

Greate tool!

Thanks for any help,
Joe
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hello Joe, please look at Windows Explorer (Shift+F3 from Servant Salamander panel) if the Paste command is there. I cannot reproduce this problem with Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1 and Windows XP Pro.
Joe

Post by Joe »

I see the problem only in the "context menu", in the remaining everything functions ok. If the operation will be made in the "Edit Menu" functions without problems. But it´s practise that "paste" was active in "context menu".
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please try to open Windows Explorer window for the same directory (Shift+F3 from Servant Salamander panel) and let me know if the Paste command is there.

Are you using Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1? There was problem with context menu in Servant Salamander 2.0.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Q. Please try to open Windows Explorer window for the same directory (Shift+F3 from Servant Salamander panel) and let me know if the Paste command is there.
A. Yes

Q.Are you using Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1? There was problem with context menu in Servant Salamander 2.0.
A. I´m using Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1 (trial).
I go to install the version 2.0 to see if the result is equal.

Regards
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

1. The context menu for current directory could be also opened using Alt+Shift+F10 shortcut. I assume the Paste command is not presented in this menu too?

2. Note that Servant Salamander doesn't show the Paste command when the clipboard doesn't contain file reference. Please try to copy some file from Servant Salamander to clipboard (Ctrl+C), then switch to Windows Explorer and paste it there. Does it work?