Listing path <path>, press ESC key to cancel ENDLESSLY

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
noetus

Listing path <path>, press ESC key to cancel ENDLESSLY

Post by noetus »

I have a shortcut to Altap Salamander in my "Startup" folder. Often when the machine boots and Salamander starts there is a long thin window or dialog box which displays the message "Listing path "<path_name>", press ESC key to cancel..." which WON'T GO AWAY. It just sits there. Pressing the ESC key has no effect. Trying to close the window has no effect. The only thing which has any effect is shutting down Salamander (the annoying window then hangs around for a second or two longer than Salamander itself) and then restarting it again, which always seems to work. But this is clumsy and it's either a bug or I have a setting wrong somewhere. What to do?
cincura.net

Post by cincura.net »

When you press Esc more times, are you asked about terminating listing? If you wait some time (without pressing anything) does the listing finish? Propably is you computer under load.
Jiri {x2} Cincura
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Is it possible that, when the AS configuration was saved, in one of the panes was a directory listing of a network resource/drive?
noetus

Post by noetus »

Hi, thanks for the replies!

No, I am pretty sure it is nothing to do with the load on the CPU. The CPU can be at idle for tens of minutes, and the message sits there. I can press ESC as much as I want, and nothing happens. Trying to close it does nothing, as well. Sometimes this happens when I switch drives, but as I don't have any network shares on this machine, it can't be that. And I can continue to work with Altap if I want - I can move the main window away from under the dialog box and continue working, switching directories, copying, etc, and the message stays on my desktop.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I have found one synchronization problem in this code. I have fixed it, please try fixed version and let me know if it works or not. Thanks!

Download it from: http://www.altap.cz/fix25/as25fix2.zip

Installation: just unpack salamand.exe to Altap Salamander 2.5 installation directory (overwrite original salamand.exe).
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Peter, mozno by bolo rozumne tieto "fix" verzie aj identifikovat, aby sa v pripade inych problemov vedelo s akou verziou ma clovek do cinenia.

Napriklad: "Altap Salamander 2.5#2"
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Salamand.exe contains build time, so there is no problem with identification.

Look at menu Help > Report Bug, the Built item.