Autorun integration

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
npaufler

Autorun integration

Post by npaufler »

I'd really like to see Salamander integrated into Autorun. Say if I plug a USB memory stick in, having one of the options as 'open in tab in salamander' would be great. Another option (though less ideal), that would be nice would be to open another instance of Salamander viewing the drive letter that just appeared.

Also, thanks for making one of the few pieces of shareware I could not get by without.
th.

Post by th. »

In the attached archive you find some files to enable Salamander in Autoplay.

AS_autoplay.reg in combination with ASstart.vbs creates an Autoplay entry that opens the drive in the active panel of Salamander. If Salamander is not running it will be started and the drive will be opened in the left panel.

Alternatively, AS_autoplay_new.reg creates an Autoplay entry that simply starts Salamander with the drive opened in the left panel.

You may have to change the path names in the files according to your system.
Attachments
ASautoplay.zip
Add Salamander to AutoPlay
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
Ether

Post by Ether »

That was fast. I managed to make the autoplay handler, too, but with the VBS it's a nice trick. 8)
lanux128

Post by lanux128 »

i just noticed this cool script! there is also a Autohotkey version here.

opening USB drive in Altap Salamander

edit: corrected the url.
Last edited by lanux128 on 11 Jan 2008, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
Ether

Post by Ether »

@lanux128] Tua culpa. Didn't you mean to link to http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27218?
lanux128

Post by lanux128 »

@ether: thanks for correcting the url.. must be the copy-paste devil at work.. :)