Sorry, but this thread has become confusing...
I thought this topic was about "Branch View" or "Flat View"... NOT the (hoped for) folder tree panel, which is a completely separate issue and should be implemented into the Salamander interface differently from Branch (or Flat) view.
Branch View
Norton File Manger 5.0c - Branch View
Looking at the updated roadmap on the main page is from January, it contains no information on any type of branch mode.
In the Norton File Manger, by clicking an icon, "Show Entire Branch", in the lower right corner of the screen, the panel would show a list of all the files in the current directory and all the subdirectories as if they all were in the same directory. A new column, "Folder", is displayed to show the path and is sortable as well.
I like the all the features and the direction on where the Servant Salamander is headed. I believe this is a MUST feature for a full featured file manager. I want to use one file manager, not multiple ones, because one is in this program and one feature in that program.
If it would be helpful, I can provide screen shots, as needed.
Thanks,
In the Norton File Manger, by clicking an icon, "Show Entire Branch", in the lower right corner of the screen, the panel would show a list of all the files in the current directory and all the subdirectories as if they all were in the same directory. A new column, "Folder", is displayed to show the path and is sortable as well.
I like the all the features and the direction on where the Servant Salamander is headed. I believe this is a MUST feature for a full featured file manager. I want to use one file manager, not multiple ones, because one is in this program and one feature in that program.
If it would be helpful, I can provide screen shots, as needed.
Thanks,
Re: Branch View
This feature has been on the roadmap for 7 years without any resolution...
I already switched to another product and I am afraid that I won't buy new version until this and another features requested in 2007 or earlier are implemented... 
Re: Branch View
It's a long Roadmap-=Majkl=- wrote:This feature has been on the roadmap for 7 years without any resolution...I already switched to another product and I am afraid that I won't buy new version until this and another features requested in 2007 or earlier are implemented...
What did you switch to? As I see it, this product is dead.
-
Jan Rysavy
- ALTAP Staff

- Posts: 5232
- Joined: 08 Dec 2005, 06:34
- Location: Novy Bor, Czech Republic
- Contact:
Re: Branch View
We feel three major tasks must be finished before all other features: x64, UAC, and Unicode. We have all other requested features in our to-do list (514KB of plain text).
Altap Salamander is definitely not dead, we are preparing release of version 3.0, see http://www.altap.cz/salamander/downloads/eap/
Altap Salamander is definitely not dead, we are preparing release of version 3.0, see http://www.altap.cz/salamander/downloads/eap/
-
Jan Rysavy
- ALTAP Staff

- Posts: 5232
- Joined: 08 Dec 2005, 06:34
- Location: Novy Bor, Czech Republic
- Contact:
Re: Branch View
Unlocked
Re: Branch View
I am back after 20 and something years and I decided to implement this feature with my friend, Codex 
Some parts of API have to be changed so that panels and plugins are able to work correctly with files from more than one directory. However, now, the Branch view (or other features like sending search results into a panel) can be implemented.
I decided to merge it into the current Samandarin version, but I still need to restructure this Pull Request... and wait for Samandarin's author to merge another changes
Before this is done, you can try to build your Salamander from my development branch which also fixes few bugs and adds other features (for more details see commit log or PRs 760-769 in Samandarin GitHub): https://github.com/majklvi/salamander/t ... 2026-09-26
Some parts of API have to be changed so that panels and plugins are able to work correctly with files from more than one directory. However, now, the Branch view (or other features like sending search results into a panel) can be implemented.
I decided to merge it into the current Samandarin version, but I still need to restructure this Pull Request... and wait for Samandarin's author to merge another changes
Before this is done, you can try to build your Salamander from my development branch which also fixes few bugs and adds other features (for more details see commit log or PRs 760-769 in Samandarin GitHub): https://github.com/majklvi/salamander/t ... 2026-09-26