The Search function (Ctrl-F)m does not work

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Lubor

The Search function (Ctrl-F)m does not work

Post by Lubor »

Hello, Since I use the SSD harddisk without indexeing, the Find function does not found any results. I searched the Filename*.doc and File content Narcis. Settings were on default values. Can You help me? Lubor.
SelfMan

Re: The Search function (Ctrl-F)m does not work

Post by SelfMan »

Did you also have the correct target folder?
Lubor

Post by Lubor »

Hello,

I positioned the target folder as the parent one with the option Search subfolder too. I do not know what is the problem.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Well, how about a screenshot like:
2024-01-30-salamand-001.png
2024-01-30-salamand-001.png (81.01 KiB) Viewed 590 times
SvA

Post by SvA »

Lubor wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 07:29 Hello, Since I use the SSD harddisk without indexeing, the Find function does not found any results. I searched the Filename*.doc and File content Narcis. Settings were on default values. Can You help me? Lubor.
Salamander does not use any index for it's search.

Salamander searches for your string in a simple way. No Unicode support, very limited support for different text encodings. No support for content filters (filters that extract text from an otherwise binary format like .pdf, .dotx, .oxps ....

.doc files (old style Microsoft Word) use a binary format. The string you search for might not be stored continuously, or might be stored in an unexpected encoding.

Did you really mean to search for *.doc, or should it have been *.docx? The latter is a .zip archive in disguise. Any text is likely compressed and cannot be found using Salamander's search file content feature.