Icon on windows 10

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
jaytolkte

Icon on windows 10

Post by jaytolkte »

So I installed it (3.07 x64) on my new Surface pro 4 (13 inch). The Dell has a beautiful display. The recommended res is 3200 x 1800.

Unfortunately, running on my Dell the icons in Salamander display in a tiny tiny size. It just about makes Salamander unusable.

I have read that this is the result of Salamander not being DPI aware. At least, that was a comment in relation to the Surface system. I suspect Surface creates a display issue similar to the one I have.
j1231233

Re: Icon on windows 10

Post by j1231233 »

I have this exact same problem. Bought a Surface Pro, Salamander is almost unusable.

It's so dismaying. I've been a registered Salamander user for over 13 years. I count myself as a fairly loyal user. And I'm desperate to keep using it.

I've been putting up with the erroneous "Looks like your starting in compatibility mode" for a few years now (on 2.54; perhaps an upgrade to 3 might fix this, but for basically no features). And now I've got this annoying popup and I can't see any icons.

Part of me wants to upgrade just to see if the nag screen disappears, with the hope that one day they'll add DPI support. But who knows when that will be, if ever.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

You should search around - this is known issue DPI awareness or HiDPI support (which is missing in salamander for now) - You can find this already at - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6955&p=62165&hilit=dpi#p62165
shrutib

Post by shrutib »

jaytolkte wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 17:40 So I installed it (3.07 x64) on my new Surface pro 4 (13 inch). The Dell has a beautiful display. The recommended res is 3200 x 1800.

Unfortunately, running on my Dell the icons in Salamander display in a tiny tiny size. It just about makes Salamander unusable.

I have read that this is the result of Salamander not being DPI aware. At least, that was a comment in relation to the Surface system. I suspect Surface creates a display issue similar to the one I have.
Try tweaking the way we project our screen. Press the Windows key + P, and then choose a way to project:

PC screen only
Duplicate
Extend
Second screen only
This should resolve our issue. Let us know how it goes.