Thanks

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
pl5bnsf

Thanks

Post by pl5bnsf »

Time for my every-couple-years thank you. Salamander has worked very, very well for me for many years. First program I need on any new computer.

Yes, I do use a couple other file managers for the times I need to access usb devices and unicode. But for 99% of my tasks, Salamander is perfect.

My largest fear all along was if Salamander changes how it works. So many programs 'update' right out of usefulness. Have tried all the file managers I could get my hands on and ALWAYS go back to Salamander and simply keep alternatives ready also for specific tasks.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Thanks

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Thank you for the kind words!

Salamander is 99% perfect for our day-to-day tasks.
therube

Post by therube »

+1 :-).
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
rollhigh

Post by rollhigh »

very happy Altap Salamander is still running fine after all these years and this V4 release is most welcome!! 8)
Textor

Post by Textor »

Jan Rysavy wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 07:36 Thank you for the kind words!
Salamander is 99% perfect for our day-to-day tasks.
It is, and has been, for many years.

One thing though worries me as a long-time user:
We took over Altap company, a well-known Salamander software supplier. By this growth, we acquire an experienced development team for file and document management tools and we can also provide Altap Salamander software for free.

does that mean the Altap team will now be working exclusively for Fine, and so have no more time for any further development of the Salamander file manager?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

rranta

Post by rranta »

I would like to add my thanks, Salamander has been my go-to file manager for a while now and it has worked well. Best of luck with future projects!
masu

Post by masu »

thank you for making this great software!
gga

Post by gga »

I am a 40yr+ developer and a huge fan of Altap Salamander. It is among the 1st programs that I install on a new machine and now that it is free I can install it for all of my clients as well. Thanks again for providing something that Microsoft should have done years ago!
Garry
soerentsch

Post by soerentsch »

+1 for 99% just missing unicode and sometimes support of very long paths
#staysafe Towarischtschs ;-)
manx

Post by manx »

Hey :-)

One question: Is Salamander free for companys as well? I want to use it for some clients.

Thank you!
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Yes, free is free.