4.0 (x64) UnISO Plugin

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
SvA

4.0 (x64) UnISO Plugin

Post by SvA »

Hi,

I downloaded an ISO file and when I wanted to open it in Salamander (pressing Enter), Windows 10 created a virtual drive instead and mounted the ISO there.

The plugin is installed, tests ok, and lists "List and unpack Archive in Panel" in Functions.
  • Is there anything else in configuration I need to check?
  • Is there any way a I can force Salamander to open it?
  • Is there a problem with the plugin?
SvA

Re: 4.0 (x64) UnISO Plugin

Post by SvA »

Ok, found it.
The Plugin needs to be configured in "Archives Associations in Panels", where it was missing.

I am still interested in an answer to
in case the file extension does not match one of the list configured.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

SvA wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 14:07 Ok, found it.
The Plugin needs to be configured in "Archives Associations in Panels", where it was missing.

I am still interested in an answer to
You need to change the file association for an *.iso file in windows. If you set it to salamander it will open the iso file via salamander.
SvA

Post by SvA »

Hi tukanos,

since when can you start Salamander with a file on the command line?

Unless you have DDE, the command line is the only way to utilize for file associations.

But, as I wrote, I found the solution for Salamander not opening the .iso in it's panel.

The question that remains open is how to force Salamander to use an available unpacker on a file that is not associated with the unarchiver already, e.g. a Microsoft Word .docx file, which of course needs to open in Word by default, even in Salamander, but at times i'd like to get at some resource within the document. UnZip would work well, but I need to unpack the file in order to inspect its contents.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

SvA wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 19:35 Hi tukanos,

since when can you start Salamander with a file on the command line?

Unless you have DDE, the command line is the only way to utilize for file associations.

But, as I wrote, I found the solution for Salamander not opening the .iso in it's panel.

The question that remains open is how to force Salamander to use an available unpacker on a file that is not associated with the unarchiver already, e.g. a Microsoft Word .docx file, which of course needs to open in Word by default, even in Salamander, but at times i'd like to get at some resource within the document. UnZip would work well, but I need to unpack the file in order to inspect its contents.
I'm afraid I don't understand you. You can just open the *.iso file as being archive like this (using UNISO plugin):
inside_iso_file.jpg
inside_iso_file.jpg (67.2 KiB) Viewed 6820 times
SvA

Post by SvA »

Hi tukanos,

not if the entry in "Archives Associations in Panels" is missing, as I wrote in my follow-up post
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

SvA wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 17:23 Hi tukanos,

not if the entry in "Archives Associations in Panels" is missing, as I wrote in my follow-up post
Hi SvA,

Now I'm in picture. What confused me is the missing configuration. I have a default install present but this configuration was there.
Is there any way a I can force Salamander to open it?
You can't, because there is no file introspection from the windows side. Microsoft decided, very stupid decision, but made their life easier, to treat all files based on suffix. So the only way would be to create a macro which would rename the file first.