For a detailed information visit a wiki at: Asume's Wiki
Here is a short summary
1. What it can do?
- Virtually unlimited tree depth
- The whole application can be controlled either only via keyboard or mouse (for typing you would have to use some virtual keyboard)
- Copy, Cut and Paste
- Moving (up, down, in, out) multiple nodes selection at time
- Multiple users (having Altap Salamander installed)
- Multiple salamander versions
- Unicode (UTF-16) supported; since Altap Salamander does not support unicode you will get probably some weird characters if unicode characters used
- Node is created just below selected line (at AS it is always created at the end, which can be annoying)
- The pop-up menu with salamander variables is available exactly the same as is at salamander
- Every action can be done via mouse, menu, shortcuts, toolbar and adding/removing via pop-up menu
- The validation checks - user is warned when required information is missing
- The consistency checks - when doing a save to the Windows registry there is a backup of the current menu before actual save takes place. When a save is successful then the backup is removed.
You can get the source code from: BitBucket (BitBucket is sunsetting its mercurial support next year so I will have to move - I will update the links here when the time comes).
3. You don't understand me, where can I download it without compiling it first?
If you want to download a compiled portable version go to the Downloads link. You want to download the asume_portable_x.x.x.7z, where x.x.x is the version. Currently the newest version is 0.7.0.
The sha256 is f66ae45d1ded66189c47c5e0bcea4d1bd95396608d22c89e9f8507bf62572825 asume_portable_0.7.0.7z
- view icons when selecting them and at the tree - *.ico, *.dll, *.exe - this will take longer as support has to be written in C
- detect 32-bit salamander installed on 64-bit windows (only if there is a strong demand for it)
- create 32-bit version (I don't needed personally, but if someone needs it and supports me, I'll create it)
- drag & drop support
- mass rename - prepend and postpend a string
- implement undo/redo for the application
- no HiDPI support because it is currently no supported at Smalltalk/X. If Smalltalk/X environment will get it so can the asume application.
Should you find the tool useful consider donating via PayPal or you can do that via the BitBucket wiki. Thank you for any donation!
I'm looking forward to your posts here or at BitBucket (for now)!
P.S. Found even a minor bug in Altap Salamander where if you change from data type to submenu type the submenu retains the icon which was defined for the data type.