Ful path too long. Really?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Andre.Ziegler

Re: Ful path too long. Really?

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

an update on this?
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

No progress, no plans right now.
Andre.Ziegler

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

ok, what is planned for 4.x? Is there any roadmap?
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We have no plans or roadmap, I'm sorry.
thomas
Translator
Translator

Post by thomas »

Will be Altap Salamander 4.0 the final “version” of Altap Salamander? :(
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We don't think so, we cannot imagine our work without Salamander. It will receive updates while we will work on Windows platform.

We plan to open source some plugins... it depends on demand.
CaLy

Post by CaLy »

Sorry to disturb you, is there any news about the path and filename lenght?
Or is it fixed?

Thanks and have a great weekend!
altap4ever

Post by altap4ever »

CaLy wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 00:49 Sorry to disturb you, is there any news about the path and filename lenght?
Or is it fixed?
Hi guys,

I'm a rather "old" guy who actually used Norton Commander. I was so pleased when Altap Salamander came up, I was ready to convert from Christian to Salamadist. Its one of the very few software I paid for and would even have donate to support if there was no license fees.

Seriously... Add me to the surprisingly not so long list of people interested in long path/filename support.

Since Windows 10 has options in both GPEDIT and Registry to disable the 260 characters limitation. It would be F[beep]ing great if our beloved Samy was supporting it.

Please Please Please. :? :? :? :?
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

altap4ever wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 16:44
CaLy wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 00:49 Sorry to disturb you, is there any news about the path and filename lenght?
Or is it fixed?
Hi guys,

I'm a rather "old" guy who actually used Norton Commander. I was so pleased when Altap Salamander came up, I was ready to convert from Christian to Salamadist. Its one of the very few software I paid for and would even have donate to support if there was no license fees.

Seriously... Add me to the surprisingly not so long list of people interested in long path/filename support.

Since Windows 10 has options in both GPEDIT and Registry to disable the 260 characters limitation. It would be F[beep]ing great if our beloved Samy was supporting it.

Please Please Please. :? :? :? :?
This won't get fixed by the original developers. The Fine company has bought the Altap company and the core developers are now working for Fine. The Altap is now freeware without any developers working on it.
CaLy

Post by CaLy »

Ah ok thanks for the answer @tukanos .

So its not from windows , because i have windows 7 and i have long file names and with another file managers it supports long names.