Thumbnail View Hot Key Bug

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Jack

Thumbnail View Hot Key Bug

Post by Jack »

Alt+5 shifts panel view to thumbnail. Alt=3 shifts to detail view. This works fine until I "redirect typing from panel to command line."

Config - Panels - Keyboard - redirect typing from panel to command line.

When I check this, for some reason, the Alt+5 , Alt+3 no longer work. I can go to the menu bar, click on right or left panel and select thumbnail view and the views still work fine, but the Alt+ hotkeys no longer work when typing is redirected to the command line.

Using altap 3.06 (x64)
Win10 ver 1511 build 10586.318
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Thumbnail View Hot Key Bug

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Complete option name is: Redirect typing from panel to Command line (hold ALT for Quick Search).
So Alt+5 would enter quick search mode and find item beginning with character '5'.
Jack

Post by Jack »

OK, thanks for the quick reply. I guess that makes sense.

Can't say I like it, I could live w/o the quick search, but that's me. At least I know it works as designed. I was really pleased when I learned about the redirect typing setting. Unfortunately I use that, and the Alt+5 and Alt+3 things all the time.

A bit disappointed it's one or the other.

If it were me, I would like the quick search and the redirect typing things to toggle, rather than how it is now. Not a biggie, just a personal "druther"

Love your product btw, totally awesome.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

This option is turned off by default, maybe you can try it instead?
Jack

Post by Jack »

I couldn't find an option where I could have the redirect typing to command line without also activating the Alt quick search. If there is a way to turn off the Alt Quick search and retain the redirect typing to command line?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

No, but you can switch to/from command line using Ctrl+Tab.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Ctrl+Tab works. Thanks.