3.05 upgrade and Eroica viewer

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Yuriy

Re: 3.05 upgrade and Eroica viewer

Post by Yuriy »

The "redist" folder shoud be in /plugins/Ulist directory, as shown in the picture above.
Plese check if you have installed x64 (not 32) versions of BOTH ULister and tcproxy plugins.
KNUT

Post by KNUT »

Could anyone post a full extension list for the uLister? TIA!
Kind regards, KNUT

Post by Yuriy »

There are more than 500 extensions - too many to post here.
You can take a look at the list of file types.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

Yuriy wrote:There are more than 500 extensions - too many to post here.
You can take a look at the list of file types.
uLister is really good but for pdf I recommend SumatraPDF as written above. It renders complicated PDF files much better the uLister with Oracle .dll behind it.
kretb

Post by kretb »

Yuriy wrote:Well, I prefer Slister for viewing PDF files - it is somewhat better as it is based on SumatraPDF. It is configured to show *.pdf;*.xps;*.djvu;*.djv;*.epub;*.epu for me.
As for Ulister - as I said there are 500 formats it can show, that's too much to list here :) I think I just edited Salamander to show everything that used to belong to Eroiica with Ulister (minus *.pdf - and plus *.docx;*.pptx;*.xlsx) - but you can add more it you need.
I can open with F3 a pdf via sLister->Sumatra easily, but I can't get it working for an epub on sLister->Sumatra.

It opens it always with the internal file viewer.

The used Versions:
Sumatra is v3.1.1
sLister is v1.1.2
TCproxy Plugin is v0.82

Anyone an idea?
my config
my config
160410-124836_Konfiguration.jpg (74.6 KiB) Viewed 20695 times
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

You are right - Slister/Sumatra plugin does not support viewing *.epub.
I don't remember why I have put it into settings, as I never use it :)
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

kretb wrote:
Yuriy wrote:Well, I prefer Slister for viewing PDF files - it is somewhat better as it is based on SumatraPDF. It is configured to show *.pdf;*.xps;*.djvu;*.djv;*.epub;*.epu for me.
As for Ulister - as I said there are 500 formats it can show, that's too much to list here :) I think I just edited Salamander to show everything that used to belong to Eroiica with Ulister (minus *.pdf - and plus *.docx;*.pptx;*.xlsx) - but you can add more it you need.
I can open with F3 a pdf via sLister->Sumatra easily, but I can't get it working for an epub on sLister->Sumatra.

It opens it always with the internal file viewer.

The used Versions:
Sumatra is v3.1.1
sLister is v1.1.2
TCproxy Plugin is v0.82

Anyone an idea?
I think you over complicate things. I recommend downloading a new SumatraPDF 3.1.1 (portable version), which you have, and view it directly without the TCProxy. If I remember correctly the sLister does not work properly with the 3.1.x line (it used to work with 3.0x or older). I have configured the viewer directly via SumatraPDF-settings.txt (attaching it to this post - SumatraPDF-settings.txt).

I have all the formats including *.epub like this:
calling_directly_SumatraPDF.jpg
calling_directly_SumatraPDF.jpg (173.56 KiB) Viewed 20639 times
This works for me viewing any supported format via F3 and it shows full screen mode.
Attachments
SumatraPDF-settings.txt
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
kretb

Post by kretb »

Hey Tucanos,
thanx for this information.
it works brilliant. :D
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

tukanos - thanks, that is much better!
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

I'm glad it helped you guys .]].
SvA

Post by SvA »

kretb wrote: 10 Apr 2016, 12:57 I can open with F3 a pdf via sLister->Sumatra easily, but I can't get it working for an epub on sLister->Sumatra.
I just noticed this is related : sLister (or maybe the Total Commander Proxy Plugin) ignores extensions configured in NAV when they are not in the internal default list of the Total Commander plugin (wlx).

it still works when called as an alternative viewer.

See viewtopic.php?p=68507#p68507
BITIDASI

Post by BITIDASI »

Rainer wrote: 08 Jan 2015, 13:31 Hi Yuri,
I have installed ulister (4.0.0) via tcproxy (x86) in Salamander 3.04 (32 bit) and associated, for a test, pdf, doc and txt.

But I keep receiving the following error message, although the plugin is tested o.k.:

"Outside ln dlls not found in plugin dir. See readme.txt, install section."

Which dlls is the message refering to? Any help?

Thanks.
Rainer
What's going to happen in Salamander 3.05 ff. when pressing F3 - as I was used to do for decades?
BITIDASI

Post by BITIDASI »

Jan Rysavy wrote: 30 Dec 2014, 14:44 Dear Rainer,

Unfortunately we cannot ship Eroiica Viewer with Altap Salamander anymore. From AS 3.05 changelog :

Eroiica Viewer plugin is removed and will no longer be part of Altap Salamander. We are sorry for inconvenience, unfortunately the underlying rendering engine cannot be licensed anymore. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you know any suitable rendering engine that can be bundled with Altap Salamander, please contact us on support@altap.cz. Thank you.

Following file extensions were handled (F3 hotkey) by Eroiica Viewer plugin:
bla,ckd,doc,docx,dot,emf,eps,cgm,dg,dgn,drw,dsi,dwf,dwg,dxf,gbr,gbx,grb,hpgl,igs,pps,ppt,pct,pict,plt,prt,pdf,ps,
rdl,ris,rtf,rtl,shp,sldasm,slddrw,sldprt,vsd,pptx,xlsx,odp,odt,ods,sxw,sxi,sxc,sxd,stw,shx,wmf,wp,wpd,wpf,wri,xls,xlt
Could you enlighten me what exactly will happen when Eroica-Viewer will no longer be installed?
SvA

Post by SvA »

BITIDASI wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 19:34What's going to happen in Salamander 3.05 ff. when pressing F3 - as I was used to do for decades?
The same as has always happened: The configured viewer is launched for the focused file.
SvA

Post by SvA »

BITIDASI wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 23:42Could you enlighten me what exactly will happen when Eroica-Viewer will no longer be installed?
If you want to view any of the file types supported be Eroiica viewer by something other than the default viewer, you will have to install and configure such a viewer.