Possible to remember Path?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
tie

Possible to remember Path?

Post by tie »

Hi,

i've got following problem:
On the left side i'm on c:\test\, on the right side on c:\test1\. Now i switch on the left to drive d: and then back to c:. Now i'm on c:\test1\, too, but i'd like to get back to c:\test\ directly insteed of c:\test1\.
Is there any possibility??

thanks,
tie
ino

Re: Possible to remember Path?

Post by ino »

tie wrote:Hi,

i've got following problem:
On the left side i'm on c:\test\, on the right side on c:\test1\. Now i switch on the left to drive d: and then back to c:. Now i'm on c:\test1\, too, but i'd like to get back to c:\test\ directly insteed of c:\test1\.
Is there any possibility??

thanks,
tie
Hi tie,

yes, there are couple of posibilities. You can use one of following steps:
fast and simply use repeatlely ALT+Left arrow to going back in the panel history;
or use History back arrow icon which can be found on Top Bar ;
or use drop down menu on the blue stripe above of your left/right panel (can be activated with ALT+F12);
or use Menu - Left / Right - Go to - Back.

note: Salamander remember last active path on the drive, so in your case it is still active path on the right side for C: drive so you get the c:\test1\ path. In this case the only way is to go trough history as I described above.
KNUT

Re: Possible to remember Path?

Post by KNUT »

tie wrote:[...]Now i switch on the left to drive d: and then back to c:. Now i'm on c:\test1\
That's the way SS works: It remembers the last used (shown) path for every drive. 8)
  • To solve your problem use:
  • the history (ALT-left/-right)
  • List of working directorys (ALT+F12)
Kind regards, KNUT