Support for PuNP devices

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Krzysztof Bytnerowicz

Support for PuNP devices

Post by Krzysztof Bytnerowicz »

My Win7 desktop is quite happy (Explorer I mean) to recognise my Nexus 7 Tablet connected via USB. Shows as PuNp device, and is able to see/act on all the files in the Tablet storage. Would be nice for Salamander to do the same.
Tomas Kopal
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Support for PuNP devices

Post by Tomas Kopal »

This has been discussed many times already. If you switch your device to Mass Storage mode (may not be possible with latest stock Android versions), it will work with Salamander just fine. Salamander does not have support for MTP mode at this moment unfortunately.
Ether

Post by Ether »

Ελληνικά rulez.
Krzysztof Bytnerowicz

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried but I am unable to install.
Contrary to the instruction at the plugin's page, no wfx or wcx or wlx were in the downloaded zip file. Still trying to install I got: 'no suitable total commander found'.
Krzysztof Bytnerowicz

After a bit of searching I downloaded the original TC plugin from TC plugins website, added wpdplug.wfx64 to the plugin directory, activated it and it looks like working, thanks a lot. Will other TC plugins work through this Proxy, how to select them, if they do?
Ether

Post by Ether »

Yes, other TC plugins are known to work with TC Proxy. You have to create a new directory with tcproxy.spl and the .w?x file for each TC plugin you want to install. I think there's a documentation for TC Proxy somewhere.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

See Portable Devices plugin.