Cannot see media devices

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
ccarbonetx

Cannot see media devices

Post by ccarbonetx »

I connected my ASUS Transformer TF101 tablet to my PC but 2.54 does not recognize it as a device. If I go to the C:\ properties, I can open up an Explorer window and access it from there. (SEE ATTACHMENTS)

I want to be able to view the contents within Salamander.

Help!
Attachments
This is the Explorer view.
This is the Explorer view.
TF101.jpg (123.13 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
The TF101 is not visible in Salamander.
The TF101 is not visible in Salamander.
AS254.jpg (64.14 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Cannot see media devices

Post by Jan Rysavy »

This device doesn't support USB Mass Storage mode. Instead it is using MTP - Media Transfer Protocol. The MTP is not supported in Altap Salamander (yet).
SvA

Post by SvA »

If you can connect your device as a mass storage device (i.e. it is visible in the disk management administrative console) and has a file system supported by your Windows installation, you can access it from Altap Salamander.

AS is a file manager and works with file objects stored in directories of a file system (plus some exceptions provided through plugins like registry, ftp, Windows Mobile). Explorer, on the other hand, is a browser, beside files in directories of a file system, Explorer shows all kind of other objects in entities called folders, like control applets in the control panel, or "My Computer" on the Desktop, or even data objects on your device.

Google "Adroid mass storage" (without the quotes) to learn more about how to switch your tablet to mass storage mode.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

You can try USB Mass Storage helper app for Android: Alt Mounter
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

See Portable Devices plugin.