Salamander 3.06 on Win 10 - viewer problem

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
RedlanceEQ

Salamander 3.06 on Win 10 - viewer problem

Post by RedlanceEQ »

Hello,

I have just installed Salamander 3.06 on my machine. I am running a Windows 10 computer, with 12 Gb RAM and i7 processor.

After installed the 64bit and registered it with all extensions activated, I tried viewing a doc file using F3 but it gave me a window with text as if I was trying to view it with Salamander 1.0. I tried with a PDF file and same problem. Image files (jpg and png) are perfectly viewable on the other hand.

Thinking it was a problem with the 64bit version I installed the 32bit version to check but ran into the same problem.

I was not having this problem with the 2.54 version I had previously.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Salamander 3.06 on Win 10 - viewer problem

Post by Jan Rysavy »

RedlanceEQ

Post by RedlanceEQ »

Well darn. The one reason I was using Salamander was for its ability to view files this way. Made it very easy to go through documents and file them properly. :(
RedlanceEQ

Post by RedlanceEQ »

So, after looking around a bit I found that one could use uLister with Salamander. However, I'm not sure how to install it as it is not in a salamander plugin format.

Is there a tutorial anywhere?
Ether

Post by Ether »

There is the Total Commander Proxy Plugin, you can try that.
Ελληνικά rulez.