Skip Error while copying multiple files

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
overnabove

Skip Error while copying multiple files

Post by overnabove »

Hi!

I have recently stumbled upon Salamander and loving it so far, I tried searching for the answer to my query but couldn't find a workable reply anywhere so that's why I am posting a new topic.

Currently I am transferring my data between HDD's, however I am getting the "Cyclic Redundancy error" quite sometimes, which Is fine since I know my HDD is in the early stages of giving up on me, but since I am moving the data as soon as this error shows up the Dialogue box pop us awaiting my confirmation on what to do, I mostly Skip those problematic files and move ahead, now the query which I have, is there a way where Salamander remembers my Skip option and automatically skips such files with the same repetative errors so at-least the data transfer doesn't stop awaiting my confirmation. I am using currently using 3.06v.

Any pointers on this would be of great help.

Thanks
tukanos

Re: Skip Error while copying multiple files

Post by tukanos »

I would recommend using different tool for copying such files. In windows i would use fastcopy and if you want to copy maximum from the disk I recommend using ddrescue (linux)
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Skip Error while copying multiple files

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I must confirm Linux (or OS X) idea! We recovered several HDDs with these systems with 100% success (albeit slow). These HDDs were not possible to mount nor read with Windows.

To your question: no, there is no such option.