Defaulting to Administrator on startup (2)

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Sot23

Defaulting to Administrator on startup (2)

Post by Sot23 »

Hi guys,

just upgraded from 2.54 to 3.06 and found a similar behaviour like the dmonder had a few months ago: the main window title always shows "...3.06 (x64) (Administrator)"
dmonder was able to solve it using simple reboot, which did not make any difference for me:
http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8079
  • I'm running Win 7x64 Pro and almost always run everything in user mode, and so the Salamander.
  • The command whoami started from that instance of Salamander returns me as user, not the administrator.
  • To perform one additional check for the rights I tried to create a subdirectory while being in %programfiles% --> "Error: (5) Access denied", as expected when not being admin.
  • I also created a new shortcut at the desktop and double checked Advanced properties: Run as admin = disabled
In addition to that: Configuration > MainWindow > IconColor is set to green to indicate I'm user and not admin. For admin access I created a 2nd shortcut (with "runas") and set the IconColor to red, which works fine. But the main window title always shows "...3.06 (x64) (Administrator)", for both admin as well as user?

Any idea to solve that?
therube

Re: Defaulting to Administrator on startup (2)

Post by therube »

The command whoami started from that instance of Salamander returns me as user, not the administrator.
With your actual (Run as...) Admin version, what does whoami return?

Does Task Manager, Process Hacker, Process Explorer show anything of note, interest?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
therube

Post by therube »

whoami:

In both cases, limited & As Admin, whoami reports: ruben-w7-x64\ruben
Though it does show differing privileges:

Code: Select all

Mandatory Label\Medium Mandatory Level                        Label            S-1-16-8192 
vs
Mandatory Label\High Mandatory Level                          Label            S-1-16-12288
(And then a lot more Privileges Information is reported for the As Admin user too.)

Process Hacker:

Limited: shows Medium integrity
As Admin: shows High integrity

command prompt window:

Limited: normal [does not distinguish]
As Admin: shows Administrator
Last edited by therube on 02 Oct 2015, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Sot23

Post by Sot23 »

Just checked it right now:

Whoami at user level:
  • shows user
  • whoami /priv shows just a few priviledges
  • Salamander 3 shows "(Administrator)"
Whoami at admin level:
  • shows admin
  • whoami /priv shows really a lot of priviledges
  • Salamander 3 shows "(Administrator)"
But indeed I'm surprised to see a high mandatory level for both admin and user. :oops:
I have to check how to change this. :?
SvA

Post by SvA »

Hi,

please check Config > Main Window > Custom text prefix.

please also check salamander's command line for parameter -T (best use Task Manager, Process Explorer or the like for this check)