ALT Tab & Find Problem

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
jwulf

ALT Tab & Find Problem

Post by jwulf »

Hi group,
I'm running into a problem with Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1 and I'd like to wonder if anyone had this before:
* If I do start SS and try to switch to another window within XP using ALT TAB this does not work. It only switches to the other panel within SS. The ALT key is working, because if I press the ALT key alone it shows me the different menus in the bottom line of SS.
* If I do start Find via ALT F7 or via the menu item the computer hangs for more than 20 seconds. Often I can press CTRL ALT DEL to activate the taskmanager and then the system hangs for another 10 seconds or so but after this it shows me both, the task manager and the find window.

Both behaviours do not happen if I do start XP in safe mode.

I'm running XP with SP2 and all the updates from Microsoft applied. On access virus scan is enabled and I've run both Ad Aware and Spybot S&D just to make sure no malware is on my computer.
I've no idea what may be the cause of this.
Mem

Post by Mem »

Do you have any 3rd party software for window management installed? E.g. I have Desktop Sidebar and it causes me problems when trying to open Desktop / Properties, I have to hide and show Windows taskbar or open Task manager as you describe to be able to switch to it