Process viewer plugin

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
eblis

Process viewer plugin

Post by eblis »

Could you add a process viewer plugin with end/kill posibility - available in the drive menu, like the Registry browser ?
AbteriX

Post by AbteriX »

Hi eblis,

you could use the user menu
and add tools like
PrcView or ProcExplorer or ProcessMate or ProcX or...
AbteriX
eblis

Post by eblis »

Yes but that starts another program. I was thinking altap would show the processes in the panel, just like it shows registry keys in the registry panel.
I see you've replied to my other threads too :) ... are you familiar with Far ? most of my suggestions are based on that file manager, maybe you could take a look and see what i mean (if you're not familiar with Far already).
KNUT

Re: Process viewer plugin

Post by KNUT »

eblis wrote:Could you add a process viewer plugin with end/kill posibility - available in the drive menu, like the Registry browser ?
IMHO a process viewer ist completely obsolete in a File-Manager... :?
Kind regards, KNUT

Post by Josip Tosic »

Not useless if it'll let us find the process that locked a certain file.

I simply gave up and use Process Explorer with "Replace Task Manager" feature enabled.
Josip Tosic - the Learned, Impartial and Very Relaxed
omega

Post by omega »

I have never used Far before but as you said most of your suggestions came from that NC like file manager. Did Far show the processes in the panel?
eblis

Post by eblis »

Yes, Far showed processes in the panel and you could terminate them using the "delete" key. You could also search through them iirc.
Anyway, this is not such a big deal ... maybe some other developer(s) will take up the task once Altap release the SDK :)