How to copy all files from subfolders into one folder?

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.

How to copy all files from subfolders into one folder?

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to copy all files from subfolders into ONE folder. I commonly copy photos from a memory card. The camera automatically creates folder with 100 pictures in each folder. I want to copy all these into a 'photos' folder on my hard drive. I can do it by doing a search for *.jpg and then copy the search results, but am wondering if there is a more elegant way, that also allows to me to use 'Move' instead of cut or copy + paste.
KNUT

Re: How to copy all files from subfolders into one folder?

Post by KNUT »

Anonymous wrote:[...]I can do it by doing a search for *.jpg and then copy the search results
That's exactly the way I do it right now. Works good enough for me :?
Kind regards, KNUT

Post by konelupy »

When I copy from memory card I use copy. When I use move and I have some problem like bad battery or power ... I can lost data.
The same way I use on floppy disc :-)
I mean this is no problem in SW. When You moving data then after moving each file SW must write on medium ! and this may be problem.
What You mean on this problem ?
JohnFredC

Re: How to copy all files from subfolders into one folder?

Post by JohnFredC »

Anonymous wrote:Is it possible to copy all files from subfolders into ONE folder.
This is an example where a "branch" (or "flat" or "recursive") view of the files in a folder tree would be useful.

One would select a folder (or drive), choose "flat" view, and see all subordinate files and folders "flattened" into the panel. Good for visually identifying duplicates, etc., or one could "select all" and copy/move to the other panel.

This feature is available in several SC competitors.
Mouse-centric, Registered
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

For the MOVE operation it is also possible to use the Plugins > Renamer > Batch Rename command.

Options > Rename Relative Path must be turned on.

Optional: you can specify "$(Counter).JPG" instead of "$(OriginalName)" in the New name field. And much much more...
AbteriX

Post by AbteriX »

I do this with DOS.

But what's about an improvement of the F5-Copy-Dialog
to exclude folders like:

Copy 13 directories to
C:\Temp\*.*
[ ] ...
[ ] ...
[ ] ...
[ ] ...
[x] Files named: [ *.jpg | exclude folders ]