Support for MS Windows Presentation Foundation

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
cincura.net

Support for MS Windows Presentation Foundation

Post by cincura.net »

Hi *,

preparing is Altap some new productivity and usability features for new Windows Vista and Presentation Foundation (formerly code named "Avalon")?

Is Avalon etc. in Altap plans involved?
Jiri {x2} Cincura
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

No, we hope that Windows Vista will be postponed again. The longer the better.
cincura.net

Post by cincura.net »

Jan Rysavy wrote:No, we hope that Windows Vista will be postponed again. The longer the better.
On my machine I'm running WinFX and Vista (for testing). So the support for Avalon, when Vista will be released would be good advantage (before other file-managers).
Last edited by cincura.net on 14 May 2006, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Jiri {x2} Cincura
SvA

Post by SvA »

What do you think was the advantage of using it for an existing app?

Salamander would certgainly loose support for Win95/98/ME/NT/2000. And what's the gain? A fancy look which is distracting from Work? :|
cincura.net

Post by cincura.net »

SvA wrote:What do you think was the advantage of using it for an existing app?

Salamander would certgainly loose support for Win95/98/ME/NT/2000. And what's the gain? A fancy look which is distracting from Work? :|
There's a huge number of usability improvements. User can "reorder" application to self to make own work better, etc. For more info read some articles on MSDN. It's not only about "nice icons".

If there's presentation layer well derived from working code, there's no problem to build the new. BTW W95/98 are out, whatever you'll say.

I don't think, that it must be here right now, but starting sooner is better than later.
Jiri {x2} Cincura