User Menu Program parameter $(ListOfSelectedFullNames)

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
SvA

User Menu Program parameter $(ListOfSelectedFullNames)

Post by SvA »

The advanced variable $(ListOfSelectedNames) should be accompanied by $(ListOfSelectedFullNames) which provides full path names for each file in the list.

Some programs act differently depending on whether they get a fully qualified file name, or just the name allone, e.g. it might search for any file by the given name on the whole disk or in subdirectories.

Other programs might require to be started in a certain working directory, either bacause they expect to find some resources there, or because they want to write some temporary file to their working dir, which might not be possible everywhere. Such programs will not find the files passed as parameters without full pathnames provided.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

OK, I have added $(ListOfSelectedFullNames). Thanks for good idea!
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Thanks Petr and Stefan.

One Question
did we need $(ListOfSelectedUNCNames) too ?

Often i am connected to an share without mapping this first. Than this would come in handy.
Sorry for commimg a bit to late.
Stefan
Pleased user since v1.52        -   Licence# 0306-0046-01
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Stefan wrote:did we need $(ListOfSelectedUNCNames) too ?
I think that it's not needed. $(ListOfSelectedFullNames) contains list of names with path from panel or Find and it can be also UNC path.
AbteriX

Post by AbteriX »

> "with path from panel"

Ach so? O.K. Thank you.
AbteriX