Automaticly queue Copy/Pack/etc Operations

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Mike12345
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Automaticly queue Copy/Pack/etc Operations

Post by Mike12345 »

I often have to copy multiple (big) files from different locations.

I want to automatically queue Copy(and/or other operations) Operations
(or have the abilitiy to set them permanently).

So far i can set them only for the current operation (and must set them for every copy file operation manually).

Would be nice if i can have muliple copy operations (with F5) and they are all queued as long as the first one has completed.
_F_

Post by _F_ »

One question.
Do you search the forum bevor you post?
You can also reply on related existend post to keep the Q and A together.
Mike12345
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Mike12345 »

I do but i haven't found a similar request in the last 2 pages of the feature request forum.
Ofcourse this could be my fault. I have not read every thread, mostly only the topics. If you can point me to the right direction ? :shock:
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

There is option to queue 2nd copy/move operation, if one is already running:
If you open Copy/Move dialog, click Options button, and the first checkbox here is "Wait until all other Copy/Move operations are finished". If you check it, the new operation will wait for the previous to finish before it starts.

You can use Alt+W hotkey to check this checkbox even if the Options button is not pressed.

There are some threads about this feature, but all in Czech:
Zlepsenie queue-vovania pri kopirovani,.... - Main thread about operations queue ideas
Kopirovani vetsiho poctu souboru/slozek - second thread of ideas how to improve current queue implementation
SvA

Post by SvA »

zarevak wrote: You can use Alt+W hotkey to check this checkbox even if the Options button is not pressed.
Thank you for tellin us this! That will be a time saver.
DerDu

Post by DerDu »

it truly would be nice if this wait option is stored in config for auto-redo on later actions
ty&cya-DD-sorry4poorEN
BernardVanderBeken

Post by BernardVanderBeken »

An alternative solution would be to remember the last setting used.

Best regards,

Bernard
Jesse

Remember last option

Post by Jesse »

I agree this would be a good thing to add. Having to check this every time I queue up stuff is a pain. Other than that, I love this program.
ginger

Post by ginger »

A thought.

Have our beloved salamander realize that when the source and/or destination of a newly initiated copy/move is the same as an already running copy/move then queue it without question and minimize the copy/move dialogue. Configurable behaviour defaulting to being OFF.

Example:

I'm currently in progress of moving my vacation pictures from c:\pictures to e:\pictures and start a new move of d:\poems to e:\poems. As both want to move to the same destination drive the second move operation would be queued.

However, this doesn't take into account a single harddrive being split into several partitions, nor NTFS junctions. Maybe it's best to not implement this particular behavious after all :)

Having an option to always have copy/move operations queued if there already is one running is still sound i believe!

Post by Guest »

I agree this feature would be useful. Last setting used would work just as well. The Alt-W is a good shortcut, but still you still need to do it every time you copy/move a file.
hf

Post by hf »

I also miss this feature! Any solution would be good, but setting "wait for..." every time is a pain.