Recursive 'Make File List'

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Tomcat

Recursive 'Make File List'

Post by Tomcat »

Here an idea for the 'Make File List' Feature. Can an option be added to recursively dive into selected directories and list their content also?
Josip Tosic

Post by Josip Tosic »

This should be solved once Altap guys enable us to find files/directories and "redirect" the matching results into panels. That way you could [Alt]+[F7] search for *.* through a certain directory, redirect the results into a panel and then make a file list of everything.
Josip Tosic - the Learned, Impartial and Very Relaxed
AbteriX

Post by AbteriX »

Josip Tosic wrote:...enable us to find files/directories and "redirect" the matching results into panels.
Interesting idea :D
Would be very handy.
AbteriX
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Josip Tosic wrote:This should be solved once Altap guys enable us to find files/directories and "redirect" the matching results into panels. That way you could [Alt]+[F7] search for *.* through a certain directory, redirect the results into a panel and then make a file list of everything.
Yep, that would work for filenames, but sometimes I would like to have a list that includes the path information.
I looked at the find dialog and, hey, it is all there: a nice table with filename, path, size, date, attributes, all I can think of BUT it seems that this list cannot be exported :( . The Edit menu has the familiar 'Copy Path+Name as Text' but it is disabled if more than one file is selected.

So I would like to reword my request:
Can the Find dialog be enhanced to allow an export of the 'Found Items' list as text to the clipboard?
If this would be configurable like the 'Make File List' Command it would be the ULTIMATE solution to my problem and I could retire my stand-alone tool (like so many others since I stumbled upon SS :wink: )
Josip Tosic

Post by Josip Tosic »

Code: Select all

$(Path)$(FileName)$(CRLF)
Is this what you're looking for? Short example listing:

\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY
\DIRECTORY\FILE.EXT
So you could make a list of all found directories/files with their full paths.
Josip Tosic - the Learned, Impartial and Very Relaxed
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Josip Tosic wrote:

\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY
\DIRECTORY\FILE.EXT
Yes, Josip; this plus an option to list all/some files (and directories) in sub-directories as the Find dialog allows with the 'Search subdirectories' option.
Hlava

Re:

Post by Hlava »

Josip Tosic wrote:

\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY
\DIRECTORY\FILE.EXT
Hm, not at all.
There is missing command to make list of sub- and sub- and sub- ... directories.
I have Directory with lot and lot of Subdirectories. And some of these Subdirectories (but I do not know exactly which one) has also another Subdirectories (but I do not know how much). How to make list of all Sub- and sub- ... directories from place "Directory"?
Can not use Ctrl+M because it does not search in Subdirectories.
Can not use Ctrl+F - I get list of all subdirectories which I need but - I am not able to copy this list to clipboard :-)

Short example:

\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY1
\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY2
\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY3\SUBDIRECTORY3.1
\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY3\SUBDIRECTORY3.2
\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY68\SUBDIRECTORY68.1
\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY68\SUBDIRECTORY68.2
\DIRECTORY\SUBDIRECTORY300
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Recursive 'Make File List'

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Note: looks like a good idea for another Automation script.