OneDrive disappeared from drive bar/menu W7

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Sammy

OneDrive disappeared from drive bar/menu W7

Post by Sammy »

For unknown reasons OneDrive disappeared form the drive bar/menu on my Windows 7 machine (Salamander 3.06). Tried a clean installation of both , but without result.
Can the OneDrive icon be added manually or is there an other fix to get it back?
klavikj

Re: OneDrive disappeared from drive bar/menu W7

Post by klavikj »

I have same problem on Windows 7, I tried downgrade to Salamander 3.05, but it doesn't help. On Windows 8.1 everything works OK, so there is only problem on Windows 7. It's realy helpful feature for me, so I will be happy, if you can fix it as soon as possible.
Ether

Post by Ether »

You can add your OneDrive folder to Hot Paths in the meantime.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Thanks for reporting this! I have fixed it. MS has just renamed key in registry: SkyDrive to OneDrive in key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft.

You can bypass this problem temporarily in your Windows: add REG_SZ value UserFolder to abadoned key (it's empty on my Windows) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SkyDrive, value is path to your OneDrive local folder. You can see current value of UserFolder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive.

How to do it: start regedit.exe, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SkyDrive, use right click context menu > New > String Value.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Thanks a lot! That fixed it.
Petr Solin wrote:Thanks for reporting this! I have fixed it. MS has just renamed key in registry: SkyDrive to OneDrive in key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft.

You can bypass this problem temporarily in your Windows: add REG_SZ value UserFolder to abadoned key (it's empty on my Windows) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SkyDrive, value is path to your OneDrive local folder. You can see current value of UserFolder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive.

How to do it: start regedit.exe, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SkyDrive, use right click context menu > New > String Value.