Sala. deletes files immediately instead of moving to trash

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Matthias01

Sala. deletes files immediately instead of moving to trash

Post by Matthias01 »

Hi,

I have a problem with deleting files. You may know that it is also possible to activate the Windows recycle bin also for network shares (move a "well known folder" to this share). I did it and it works well with the windows explorer. If I delete a file, windows moves the file to the recycle bin which is located on the share. But if I delete a file with Salamander the file is deleted immediately and not moved to trash. Doing that on local drives, also Salamander moves the file to trash.

What's going wrong here? Did I miss-configured Salamander in any way?

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.
Greets Matthias
SelfMan

Re: Sala. deletes files immediately instead of moving to tra

Post by SelfMan »

Check Options > Configuration > Recycle Bin
AS far as I know this setting is for local drives only. Salamander has never put network deleted files in to the recycle bin.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please send us link to article how to active Recycle Bin for network share.
Matthias01

Post by Matthias01 »

@SelfMan - Post 1: Option checked. --> Activated is: "Move deleted files to Recycle Bin".
@SelfMan - Post 2: Yep! That's the way I did it! Thanks for the links. The easiest way to do it in a minute is to use the "Known Folder Browser" http://weblogs.asp.net/kennykerr/archiv ... 2900_.aspx an change at least one path for a well know folder (for instance "Downloads") to a network share. That's it.
Matthias01

Post by Matthias01 »

@Jan: Could you re-create the problem, or is it just a thing on my site?
Matthias01

Post by Matthias01 »

A lot of time hast gone... the problem is still present.
Any chance to solve this issue in a future release? In times where NAS is getting more and more popular this would be great. It really hurts to always open the windows explorer for deleting files.