Right click popup menu

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
warfries

Right click popup menu

Post by warfries »

I have a little problem with using as 3.04 64 bit. The right click popup menu stops showing up when I have right clicked on the white of the window (not a file or folder). It is reproducible, multiple right clicks on a file or map is not a problem. When I right click not at a file or folder, the popup menu is shown, but the next time right clicking on a file, folder or white part of the window the popup menu will not reappear again. I have to restart Salamander to enable the right click popup menu. I have also tried to the trace server (from the SDK) to find some errors, but no errors appear.
SelfMan

Re: Right click popup menu

Post by SelfMan »

This sounds like a broken shell extension.
Download the ShellExView from Nirsoft http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html and check all your ShellExtensions.
You need both versions 64 and 32 bit to check. Try to disable non microsoft extensions and re-check the context menu.
warfries

Post by warfries »

Thanks SelfMan, that's the solution. I have disabled the shell extension of Spybot S&D and the right click popup menu keeps on working!
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Thanks for the feedback.
What version of Spybot S&D do you have installed?