FTP into AS400

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
docfxit

FTP into AS400

Post by docfxit »

I have a problem connecting via FTP to an AS400. I'm getting this message:

It was working fine with an older version of Salamander. I just installed ver. 3.04 x86 and it's not listing the members correctly.

Thanks,

Docfxit

PS: I have sent a raw log to support
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: FTP into AS400

Post by Petr Solin »

We have not changed this for years, so it should still work well. What was the previous version you have used and it was working in?

Do you still have that older version working? Can you confirm it still works on your FTP server?

We have received also email from you, you have sent file: IBM iSeries_i5, AS_400 (EN).str. When I start version 3.04 with default configuration and export server type IBM iSeries/i5, AS/400 (EN) from menu Options / Plugins Configuration / FTP Client / Servers (click on "IBM iSeries/i5, AS/400 (EN)", then on Other / Export to File...), I get the same file (same content). Please check your FTP Configuration / Servers if you also have the same IBM iSeries/i5, AS/400 (EN) server type (export it and compare using File Comparator plugin).

If it is another problem, I need raw listing + FTP log, send it to my email please.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

We have found second email from you, the listing attached is parsed well in 3.04. So I believe you have only some configuration troubles in FTP Client.
docfxit

Post by docfxit »

When I look at the FTP servers I don't see IBM iSeries.

Thank you,

Docfxit
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Click Other > Import from File, select your IBM iSeries_i5, AS_400 (EN).str file.
docfxit

Post by docfxit »

That worked great.

It was a very easy fix.

Do you have any idea why all formats weren't loaded when I installed the latest version?

It seems I am missing a few more.

Thank you very much for a really super program,

Docfxit
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

No idea, strange, it should not happen. I expect you have not removed them manually (which is only "legal" possibility).