Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
McLion

Re: Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Post by McLion »

Request for a new function

Please read the following post: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4492

Thanks
McL
fraktik

Post by fraktik »

LinkInfo + TCTorrent is OK (thx very much!!), but:
Excellence 1.20is taking AS down (like "alternative viewer on *xls file).
I dont know what to do with Imagine Version 1.0.7 - isnt listed in Alternative Viewers for me.
uLister + Text Search + Document Converter 2.0.0 is making this error:
Attachments
Outside_In_dlls_not_found.jpg
Outside_In_dlls_not_found.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 63252 times
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

McLion wrote:Request for a new function

Thanks
McL
No plans to add this feature at the moment, sorry. Does TC have this functionality?
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

fraktik wrote:Excellence 1.20is taking AS down (like "alternative viewer on *xls file).
For some reason generates exception on load, might take a look at it in future. Thanks for report.
fraktik wrote:I dont know what to do with Imagine Version 1.0.7 - isnt listed in Alternative Viewers for me.
Works for me, but you need to associate it as (alternate) viewer manually in the Viewers & Editors section.
fraktik wrote:uLister + Text Search + Document Converter 2.0.0 is making this error:
The plugin does not work on its own, you need to install additional plugins from the Oracle website, see the Installation section of the readme.html file included in the plugin's zip archive.
fraktik

Post by fraktik »

manison wrote:
fraktik wrote:I dont know what to do with Imagine Version 1.0.7 - isnt listed in Alternative Viewers for me.
Works for me, but you need to associate it as (alternate) viewer manually in the Viewers & Editors section.
I wasnt able to find him there, so i cant assiciate him.
manison wrote:
fraktik wrote:uLister + Text Search + Document Converter 2.0.0 is making this error:
The plugin does not work on its own, you need to install additional plugins from the Oracle website, see the Installation section of the readme.html file included in the plugin's zip archive.
OK, thx for reply - i was lazy.
McLion

Post by McLion »

manison wrote:
McLion wrote:Request for a new function

Thanks
McL
No plans to add this feature at the moment, sorry. Does TC have this functionality?
I don't know since I am not using TC.
I just felt that it would be nice to have slow plug-ins like the oilister preloaded on startup to speedup things a bit.
otrov

Post by otrov »

@manison: Can you please look why this lister plugin can't work with your wrapper: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/decftumb.html (decFastThumbs)

edit: please ignore this post - I had trouble with showing thumbnails and desperately searched for solution at wrong place
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

otrov wrote:@manison: Can you please look why this lister plugin can't work with your wrapper: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/decftumb.html (decFastThumbs)
For clarification: Although WLX plugin, it's not actual "lister" (does not list content of files in separate lister window). Rather it's thumbnail provider plugin and those are not supported by TC Proxy (yet).
wsorg

Post by wsorg »

manison

It is a pity that the plugin is not suitable for the latest version of AS 3.0 beta 1.
Do you plan to update plugin?
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

I updated Total Commander Proxy Plugin for the latest Altap Salamander 3.0 beta 1.

The 64b version is also available. You have to match AS bitness with TC Proxy bitness and actual TC plugin bitness (AS 32b + TC Proxy 32b + WFX/WCX/WLX 32b or AS 64b + TC Proxy 64b + WFX/WCX/WLX 64b).

Please note that the version was not thoroughly tested so feedback and suggestions (especially for the 64b version) are welcome.

Download TC Proxy for AS 3.0 b1
-=Majkl=-

Post by -=Majkl=- »

I tried your Proxy plugin with Media Audio 0.78 beta for TotalCMD (http://en.totalcmd.pl/download/wfx/Ext/Media_Audio) to get the files to/from my new Android phone (which has no Mass Storage support).

It was installed correctly and file browsing worked OK. But when I tried to open a picture on my phone, an error occurred that it cannot be opened. I move to another picture in different folder of my phone. After pressing F3, Salamander freezed.

I didn't know what was happening. After while I saw that system behaviour is strange and I hit the reset button.

Salamander started to delete entire C: disk! It seems that it wanted to clear temporary files used by the plugin or viewer, but instead of them, it started from the root directory on C! :x At least, I saved a big portion of my user folder by hitting that reset button.

The half of Program Files and other folders are gone (that's not so bad, I "just" need to reinstall the system), but one user profile was completely deleted from users. :| Data couln't have been restore by using Undelete plugin. First of all, the Undelete plugin was deleted as well, and then, the recovered data only contained zeros.

Anyway, there's something wrong about the way how Salamander deletes it's temporaty data. Or is it the combination of Proxy plugin with Media Audio 0.78 beta plugin?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

It seems like problem with Total Commander Media Audio plugin. We have no other report of such problem in Salamander and we didn't change this code path for years.

What Windows version do you use? Do you start Salamander "As Administrator"?
-=Majkl=-

Post by -=Majkl=- »

I am using 64bit Win7 Ultimate, and yes, I used admin account. I have UAC enabled, but I ran Salamander as admin because I was trying to copy this plugin files into Program Files folder.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I will try to reproduce this problem on VMware Windows 7 image with attached debugger. I will let you know.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Another question: what Salamander version do you use?