3.0 Changes

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
pl5bnsf

3.0 Changes

Post by pl5bnsf »

Hi,

Is there a full list of what has changed for 3.0? Ok, maybe not a full list, just a list of what a user should expect to see compared with 2.54.

The only thing I have seen so far is the 64-bit menus. Other than that it seems to be the same. Which is a very good thing! But the early alpha's had issues with some 3rd party software such as Beyond Compare and Actual Window Manager. I use both and have no issues now. Before, I saw it was a problem with the 3rd party software. Did you find a way around that?

Thanks,

Bob
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: 3.0 Changes

Post by Jan Rysavy »

There are many small bug fixes we didn't included to the readme. We plan to include UAC support to 3.1 version and also look at speed of copy operations.

Regarding faulty Beyond Compare shell extension: it should not crash 3.0 beta 1 because we turned off the "stress test mode" (was turned on for EAP versions). The bug is still there in Beyond Compare shell extension library, unfortunately they don't seem to bother to fix it.

AS 3.0 beta 1 looks rock stable from small number of bug reports we are receiving.
pl5bnsf

Post by pl5bnsf »

Thanks. Looking forward to continue to use Salamander for a long time. Have been frustrated in the past with 'upgrades' of various software packages that change things when they did need changing. Salamander's UI and general operation is perfect and am happy to know it's staying that way.
mdruiter

Post by mdruiter »

Jan Rysavy wrote:We plan to include UAC support to 3.1 version
3.1? Your own updated roadmap says "Final version of Altap Salamander 3.0". Could you please make up your mind?
hrc
Translator
Translator

Post by hrc »

Jan Rysavy wrote:AS 3.0 beta 1 looks rock stable from small number of bug reports we are receiving.
. Seems stable to me to. Only issue is in a Citrix-session where the shortcut for right panel drive list <alt-f2> is snatched by something in the session.
Go home Total Commander!