Problems with RAR 4.*

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Problems with RAR 4.*

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Jan Rysavy wrote: Fixed
Jan Rysavy: restored post
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

SvA wrote: Please see the example for -cp switch in rar's help file to see what Yuriy ment (in case you didn't figure it out yourself already).

It's an unusual and unexpected parsing method. And still, the prepended path needed to consist of zero or two double quotes, but never of one given the parameter -ap"". Since -ap"Program Files" works as expected, contrary to documentation, -ap"" should also. But this is actually the wrong place to complain about it...

Thanks for fixing.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Jan Rysavy wrote: Single quotes doesn't work with the -ap switch. Try it...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Yuriy wrote: Jan, it's not what i 'meant', it's what RAR's author tells us to do :)
I am not a programmer or a console master, I just translate Eugene's answers from Russian into English.
You say you have fixed it - is the fixed Salamander version available for download? Thank you again.
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

Unfortunately. some problem is still here!
I am using latest versions - Altap 3 beta 1 PB87x86 and Winrar 4.20.
Here how it goes.
If I add a file to an existing archive without any folder in that archive, everything is fine.
If there is a folder in the archive, and I add a file to that folder, then that file can no longer be deleted from that folder in the archive by Salamander.
For example, I have file.doc and archive.rar with a folder 'Folder' inside the archive. I move file.doc into Folder by Salamander, and now the file is there in that folder inside archive.rar. But if I press 'delete' that file inside archived folder, Altap says ' No files to be deleted'. What is more - if I now open archive.rar in Winrar itself, it shows two folders: 'Folder' with all old files in it, and '/Folder' with just only File.doc in it (added by Salamander). So, that slash is obviously wrong deed, as there still is some error in Salamander's rar-packing string.
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

One more little update:
when adding files in folders into archives using F6, i.e. 'delete after archiving', then AS does not delete those folders, only files in them - empty folders remain on disk. That, as well as mentioned '/Folder' error, refers to both 2.54 and 3.0 beta. I hope that is a correctable little bug, and not a feature :)
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

Well, can anyone replicate the problem, please?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I'm sorry for delayed answer. I can reproduce this problem.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Fixed.