Russian version of Altap Salamander

Place to discuss language translations of Altap Salamander and plugins. We welcome any suggestions or reviews that will help to improve existing translations.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss language translations in your native language.
Please let us know about offensive, spam, or other posts breaking forum rules.
Vasiliy
Translator
Translator

Re: Russian version of Altap Salamander

Post by Vasiliy »

it doesn't look like problem when one co-translator will fix or change some detail
It isn't translation it's an unwanted correcting of original work. Microsoft's standards has nothing to do with it as I said before. Again: please keep my original version of plugins' translation and my copyrights in lang-file properties. I don't care about core' translation made by Adept - do as you want. Respect the other people's work and will. Thanks.
Neutron16 wrote:Плюс в `ieviewer` от Adept and Vasiliy исправлена опечатка (Interner -> Internet).
Same thing: he doesn't know that Adept made only core' translation.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Unfortunately we are not able to help you choose the right phrase or form, please discuss it with other translators.

We do respect all translation authors, see attached screenshot.
Attachments
translation_authors.png
translation_authors.png (33.96 KiB) Viewed 21512 times
Vasiliy
Translator
Translator

Post by Vasiliy »

We do respect all translation authors
In that case keep the original. As I said before, I wholly disagree with polyakoff and I forbid him to touch my translation. Do some real work: turn PictView or WinSCP plugin into Russian.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Please read again translator's agreement which you have agreed:
Author of the language translation (the "Translation") is granting permission to any person obtaining free of charge copy of Translation and use, modify, merge, publish, and distribute it, providing that Translation stays free of charge and the above copyright notice and this permission notice will be included in all copies.

Polyakoff has right to modify your work, I believe his intentions were to improve translation, so please give him some chance and discus about unacceptable changes. Try to make some deal. Rejecting everything is not the right path. Other language versions also have more translators and reviewers, the result is better than original is these cases, so I believe the Russian version should take the same way.

We are glad Polyakoff joined team of Russian translators, we would like to see it complete soon. We will send free registration keys to all team members, it's no problem.
Vasiliy
Translator
Translator

Post by Vasiliy »

There will be no new works from me in that case. Farewell.
polyakoff
Translator
Translator

Post by polyakoff »

Vasiliy wrote:
polyakoff wrote:Обновленные языковые файлы (SLG) для Salamander и некоторых плагинов
А я вам разрешение на доработку своего перевода давал? Кто все эти люди, которых вы подобавляли в авторы?
Petr Solin wrote:Thanks! I have made some little corrections to translation to pass Validation process
Please keep my original version of plugins' translation and my copyrights in lang-file properties. I wholly disagree with polyakoff.
He'd better translate the rest plugins instead of "ž > z" replacement. Outrageous... :(
Только не надо плакать )) Вопросами разрешений пусть занимаются авторы Salamаnder, мне по барабану. Помимо замены Ё были переведены тексты, которые никем не были переведены. Также устранены некоторые орфографические ошибки, а также просто БРЕД в некоторых местах.
polyakoff
Translator
Translator

Post by polyakoff »

Vasiliy wrote:
We do respect all translation authors
Do some real work: turn PictView or WinSCP plugin into Russian.
Чуть позже
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Vasiliy wrote:There will be no new works from me in that case. Farewell.
I do not understand your problem, you have not given us any unacceptable change made by Polyakoff, so I must consider changes of Polyakoff to be OK. So I cannot see any reason for ignoring his work on translation. I believe you understand this.

If you change your mind, we will be happy, I think there is still a lot of text to translate, you can split the work and make corrections mutually. We need you work as a team.

In all cases, thank you very much for your contribution to the Russian version!

We have sent you registration keys, if you want some more for your family or friends, let us know.
Vasiliy
Translator
Translator

Post by Vasiliy »

Petr Solin wrote:so I must consider changes of Polyakoff to be OK
"Fascinating" :? . Changes of Polyakoff are whim, I said it many times.
Petr Solin wrote:So I cannot see any reason for ignoring his work on translation.
Where is it? Edit =/= translate. A couple of new strings are not counted.
Petr Solin wrote:We need you work as a team.
There will be no "team" with boors and the people who disrespect main translator's work and will.
Petr Solin wrote:We have sent you registration keys
Will it work on Salamander 3.0?
polyakoff
Translator
Translator

Post by polyakoff »

Vasiliy wrote: "Fascinating" :? . Changes of Polyakoff are whim, I said it many times.
Changes of Polyakoff are perfect )) Old texts were:
1) careless: usage of various types if quotes ('single', "double quotes" and «typographical»), some key names were not translated (e.q. Alt+Arrow Up), hot keys in menus were duplicted and many other small problems... I don't know if you are a translator or a programmer. I'm professional GUI-developer and I see all such issues.
2) Some phrases were incorrect (delirium)
3) Terminology did not correspond to Windows-style.
Last edited by polyakoff on 27 Jun 2012, 14:08, edited 4 times in total.
polyakoff
Translator
Translator

Post by polyakoff »

Vasiliy wrote:
Petr Solin wrote:so I must consider changes of Polyakoff to be OK
Where is it? Edit =/= translate. A couple of new strings are not counted.
You had a chance to do it yourselves ))
polyakoff
Translator
Translator

Post by polyakoff »

Vasiliy wrote: Where is it? Edit =/= translate. A couple of new strings are not counted.
Not couple )) 56 at least. The work is not finished yet.
polyakoff
Translator
Translator

Post by polyakoff »

Concerning copyrights: I translated Salamander v.1 more then 10 years ago, so I can say, that all next translators spoiled my old translation ))
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Vasiliy: Keys will work in version 3.0 and all others (keys are lifetime).

Polyakoff: thanks for agruments.
Vasiliy
Translator
Translator

Post by Vasiliy »

polyakoff wrote:I translated Salamander v.1
I was talking about my plugins' translation. Also how absurd you are: Servant Salamander was a very small file manager in comparison with the current one. Again: do some real work, Mr. GUI-developer. PictView and WinSCP plugins are hardly waiting for you. :?
Petr Solin wrote:(keys are lifetime).
I see. Thanks for the information and good luck!